Why is our Holistic Approach important?
We appreciate that in today’s ‘digital’ workplace, system design cannot be considered in isolated silos. Our interconnected and complex business systems and structures simply don’t conform to simplistic, outmoded rules. If design processes are focussed solely on independent systems and broader, interrelated factors are not considered, the outcome is inevitably less well informed and unable to encompass accurately, the full extent of the client and business requirements. Our holistic approach offers a significantly enhanced method of managing an integrated design process that is fit for today's business environment.
Over the years, CornerStone has consistently pioneered the development of contemporary design and implementation methodologies and practices. Our approach provides a truly joined-up and inclusive way of addressing some of the trickiest design challenges.
By carefully considering an organisation's operating requirements, a larger range of vulnerabilities and a more pertinent array of business needs, the more accurate our design calculations become. Our risk mitigation programmes consistently reduce risk levels by translating the mitigation measures into, integrated design solutions that provide efficiency and operational benefits. A win-win result that delivers enhanced value as well as better outcome.
Comprehensive view of your risk
- By taking a holistic approach to risk assessment we are able to remove factors that could create undesirable surprises in the future.
Better threat analysis
- A key aspect of any risk calculation is the potential threat of a situation or outcome occurring. Our enhanced, broader threat analysis informs a more accurate risk calculation
- The less vulnerable an organisation is, the better able it is to prevent the more damaging aspects of a business interruption event, be that a security breach, network failure or business system disruption. Our delivery process enables us to issue a prioritised action plan that defines how weaknesses can be mitigated
Link between operational and strategic level risk
- We understand that the only effective way to positively impact many aspects of strategic level risk is by focussing at the operational level of an organisation
- Through the delivery of our Unified Security Risk Management® process we are often able to identify ways to introduce operational efficiencies
- While our holistic proposition reduces risk levels and improves protection and resilience, we work hard to identify ways to add value throughout every engagement
Our Unified Security Risk Management® methodology reflects the bigger picture and reduces risk levels while ensuring budgets are appropriately aligned with needs. We deliver greater value by mapping how mitigation impacts not only a single vulnerability but a comprehensive array of weaknesses across a broad mix of asset categories. This enables us to maximise the “bang for your buck” and positively impact a wider range of operational areas.
Using risk quantification to improve security design
Protection measures need to be proportionate and aligned with the level and type of risk that exists. Our Unified Security Risk Management® model significantly helps to define the mitigation measures required to reduce those risk levels. Through our comprehensive and interlinked design process, we can incorporate physical, technical (including cyber) and operational options, to provide genuinely unified solutions. Design activity that fails to consider the appropriate risks, threats and vulnerabilities is unable to identify the necessary impact areas and is therefore unlikely to meet its objectives The result is either over-expenditure – the proverbial hammer used to crack a nut, or vulnerabilities being left unaddressed; neither of which are desirable.
We use a range of techniques to explore expectations and aspirations as well as operational necessities
Threat Monitoring and Analysis
Our Threat Analysts use a range of data sources, both public and specialist, to monitor known threat actors and identify new threats
Our physical penetration testing teams are skilled in replicating the mind-set and behaviour of real adversaries to provide the most realistic test of existing security measures
To ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to, compliance monitoring can identify areas for procedural development and training
Cyber and Data Security
As Cyber and Data Security threats continue to expand, CornerStone's range of risk assessment and compliance services help clients to become better prepared
Security Improvement Programme
When improvements are needed, we have the experience and expertise to devise the strategy and then implement the measures that are required
Removing the gaps
CornerStone has pioneered the development of contemporary risk management practices over many years. Our Unified Security Risk Management® model provides a truly joined-up and inclusive way of addressing some of the trickiest security challenges. Through the development of a deep understanding of enterprise level risk we have established how its identification, quantification and mitigation can be utilised to improve an organisation’s resilience posture, reducing risk levels whist improving business preparedness. Read about our approach related to these specialist areas.