Hostile Vehicle Mitigation
Protection against vehicle-borne threats including Vehicle as a Weapon
The use of vehicles for hostile purposes is nothing new. Whether to overcome a physical barrier or to cause mass casualties by delivering improvised explosive devices, vehicles can pose a significant threat. Even without any malicious intent, high-speed, out-of-control vehicles can cause devastation where there are no protective measures in place.
To safeguard against such disastrous outcomes, CornerStone offers a comprehensive Hostile Vehicle Mitigation design service that utilises the principles of PAS 69:2013 and IWA14:2013 and other international standards. Well-developed security engineering techniques and systems can reduce the likelihood of a vehicle being used in a hostile manner, and simultaneously lessen the impact that such an incident could have.
How we help
When recommending mitigation measures, our HVM engineering team considers all aspects of a location as well as potential vehicle threats, such as vehicle shape, size, speed, and angle of approach. Whether yours is a new development or an active, occupied site, our HVM design service can help you make the right choices.
Award Winning Security, Cyber and Risk Consulting
Leverage our experience
We work with clients around the world providing advice, design solutions and project management of the installation to ensure standards are adhered to and objectives are met. We use our Holistic Approach to identify the threats and develop Operational Requirements to inform our design process. By ensuring the Operational Requirements are incorporated into our design increases the likelihood of mitigating the vehicle threat and incorpoarting it into operational use.
Understanding the capabilities and limitations of individual protective products before they are purchased is critically important. We will also ensure that products have been installed correctly to maximise the protection offered and ensure that they operate correctly for everyday use.
- Develop detailed security requirements for HVM - Operational Requirements (OR)
- Site assessment – a detailed review of vulnerabilities and opportunities in the environment, operational and physical security measures.
- Technical assessment - e.g. Vehicle Dynamics Assessment (VDA) at specific locations based on the relevant threat vehicle(s)
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders to facilitate installation
Why choose us?
From our London HQ we work with clients around the world to mitigate security risks and devise innovative solutions that harness technology, personnel and procedures for a holistic approach to Security.
We deliver outstanding solutions to world-class clients
- Customer service is embedded in everything we do. When your client list includes many of the world’s leading companies your standards must be high. The ongoing investment we make in our unique delivery process and our commitment to professional development is all about providing excellence at every stage and ensuring that we deliver outstanding results.
We have a holistic approach
- Our unique, holistic approach has been developed to align with the modern business environment we operate within. It recognises the need for joined-up, inclusive solutions that are not limited to a particular security silo. We have the expertise and experience to deliver exceptional results across the full spectrum of risk and security consulting services.
We deliver value
- Our clients recognise that above all else we deliver value for their investment. That is why 92% of our client engagements over the last 10 years have led to us providing them with additional services. It is the value we deliver that keeps our ‘approval rating’ so high: whether finding creative solutions to tough challenges, working with stakeholders to understand cultural context, or offering advice and support whilst delivering other projects.
We are independent
- We are completely independent of any product manufacturer, system installer or other types of security company. We do not supply equipment, install products, or provide installation or commissioning services. When you speak to us it is safe in the knowledge that you will receive unbiased, expert advice that is not influenced by a relationship with a particular manufacturer or installer. Our solutions are based on your requirements – we have no other agenda.
We make our clients more resilient
- Improving a client’s risk profile starts with a comprehensive analysis of their current situation. Once we know the threats they may be exposed to and what vulnerabilities exist, we use our joined-up, holistic approach to address even the most complex of requirements. Through a comprehensive mitigation programme we will reduce levels of risk and increase business resilience allowing them to focus on their primary business objectives.
We are totally client-focused
- Our unique delivery process helps us maintain the quality of our service and retain our client-focused approach. We understand that without our clients we cannot continue to thrive, so client relationships are top of our agenda. Our consultants have been carefully selected to ensure that our desire to delight our clients is embedded throughout every engagement.