Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
CornerStone strives to be an excellent corporate citizen. We are committed to a range of environmental sustainability goals and objectives and work hard to ensure that we are an inclusive organisation, removing barriers to opportunity as well as personal and professional development. It's embedded in our values and evident in everything that we do.
We are a participant in the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and a supporter of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We are certified to ISO 14001 which sets the standard for environmental management systems and are committed to reducing waste management costs and protecting the environment.
We take our responsibility to the local communities that we operate in seriously and have refined our business strategy to ensure that we do what we can to support and encourage community engagement.
Participating in the United Nations Global Compact initiative
CornerStone is an active participant of the UN Global Compact initiative, a voluntary leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices. We are proud to have joined thousands of other companies globally committed to taking responsible business action to create the world we all want.
The UN Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues embodied in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Launched in 2000, the UN Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with more than 15,000 companies and 3,800 non-business signatories based in over 160 countries, and more than 69 Local Networks. As a participant of the initiative, we encourage you to visit our profile on the UN Global Compact website and learn more about our latest sustainability work.
Community and charity projects
We encourage employees to get involved in community projects and local charities and we support a number of charities at a corporate level. Our people have raised significant sums of money and contributed many hours of assistance at a local and national level. These are a few examples:
Prostate Cancer UK
- We participated in The Big Golf Race, organised by Prostate Cancer UK with more than 20 members of our team raising around £3,000
Great Ormond Street Hospital
- We provided gifts for The Great Ormond Street Hospital Christmas Toy Drive that were distributed to children who were in hospital over Christmas
- We collected food and contributed money to a local food bank
- CRASH is the construction industry’s charity that helps homelessness and hospice organisations with their construction projects. We raised money through a sponsored Dragon Boat race
Fruit for key workers during the COVID crisis
- At the height of the Coronavirus crisis, we supported Fruitful Office, our office fruit supplier, by continuing our contract and donating all the fruit to NHS keyworkers
Careers Support and Advice
- During the delivery of an international sporting event we engaged with local schools and colleges to advise on career options and education requirements related to the security industry
Making a difference
Our business is committed to making a difference to people's lives, our communities and the broader environment we live in. We take measures wherever we can to achieve incremental change. Even our website has been optimised to render the static images on the client side, meaning that we save significant power and energy on our hosting.
As CornerStone goes from strength to strength, we will continue our commitment to a sustainable world, help shape the future and define how security is delivered, not only in the UK but throughout the world.
Net-Zero Carbon Emissions by 2050
At CornerStone we have committed to achieving Net-Zero carbon emissions (as defined by the Net Zero Standard) by 2050, at the latest.
Carbon Reduction Plans have been completed in accordance with Cabinet Office PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standards for Carbon Reduction Plans.